2 February 2015,
Dear REACH Members
Notice in hereby given that REACH 15th, Annual General Meeting will be held as follows:
Date : 7 March 2014, Saturday
Time : 4.00 pm
Venue : BARRE CENTER, Tanah Rata
2. Agenda :-
1. President’s welcoming address.
2. To confirm the minutes of the 14th Annual General Meeting.
3. To adopt the annual report 2014.
4. To approve the audited Statements of Accounts ending 31st Dec
5. To dissolve the committee 2012 / 2014.
6. To elect a Committee for ensuing year 2015 / 2017.
7. To appoint two honororyAuditors for ensuing year 2015 / 2017.
8. To consider any other matters of which 7 clear days notice shall
have been given in writing to the secretary.
9. Newly appointed President’s closing speech.
We appreciate your attendance.
(ZULKIFLI B. MOHD. ARIFFIN)
R.E.A.C.H is a community based organisation formed in 2001 by a group of Cameron Highlands residents alarmed by the rapidly deteriorating environment especially the declining forests and water quality. R.E.A.C.H. aims to preserve, restore and maintain Cameron Highlands as an environmentally sustainable agriculture and hill resort within a permanent nature reserve. We strive to maintain a balance between environmental protection and development and to safeguard water catchment areas as a vital resource for the highlands and lowlands. It is now run by a group of volunteers with funds from membership, donations, small grants, reforestation activities and sales of souvenirs.
Yes, we all have our opinions on what Cameron Highlands is going through now. Many of us have suffered. But let us start to make a difference, to make Cameron Highlands a better place. Join us this Saturday 7th of March 2015 to reforest the “moth eaten “Gunung Siku.
This reforestation event is organised by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment NRE with the participation of 4 NGOs namely REACH, MNS , PEKA and KUASA. This would be one of the first of the many reforestation activities we hope to have with NRE under “the Greening of Cameron Highlands Program.” The deforested areas include those illegal land clearings in the Forest Reserve taken back by the Government recently
Date: 7th of March 2015
Time: 9am to 12.30pm
Place: The Forest Reserves of Gunung Siku- 5th Compartment, Cameron Highlands
GPS Coordinates : 4.60068, 101.42469
1. For those with transport please gather near the mosque at Blue Valley close to the border with Kelantan.
2. For those without transport, please meet at the carpark ( Sunday Morning Market site) in Tanah Rata by 8.15 am. Bus transportation will be arranged to send participants to reforestation site.
1. Please come in attire suitable for jungle trekking. It would be wise to bring a raincoat.
2. Light refreshments and tree saplings for planting would be provided by NRE
3. Participants should be reasonably fit as a 1.2 km hike along a gradual incline is needed to reach the area concerned.
4. For participants below 18 years, parental consent is required
5. Please provide your name and contact number to Miss Saraswathy HP 0195145851 or email her at email@example.com We need to know the number of participants so that adequate transport ,food and tree saplings can be arranged
So join us this Saturday for an outing in the sun and to care for nature.
“The Bald Patches of Gunung Siku” awaits your repair !
Dialog bersama SPRM dengan penduduk Cameron Highlands. Semua dijemput hadir.
Tarikh : 7hb Februari 2015
Masa : 4.00 pm
Tempat : Barre Center, Tanah Rata
Kerjasama SPRM dan REACH pupuk integriti tangani isu Cameron Highlands
PUTRAJAYA, 4 Februari – Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM) dengan kerjasama Persatuan Kesedaran Alam Sekitar Cameron Highlands (REACH) bercadang mengadakan program memupuk integriti dan mencegah rasuah bagi memulih dan menyelamatkan pusat peranginan terkenal itu.
Program itu merupakan antara perkara yang telah dipersetujui oleh SPRM dan REACH pada satu pertemuan di Cameron Highlands baru-baru ini.
Timbalan Ketua Pesuruhjaya (Pencegahan) SPRM, Datuk Mustafar Ali berkata, susulan tragedi yang melanda Cameron Highlands sudah tiba masanya nilai-nilai integriti dan membenci serta melaporkan sebarang bentuk perbuatan rasuah perlu dipupuk dan dilaksanakan dengan berkesan.
“SPRM yakin usaha bersepadu ini, dengan usaha yang sedang diambil oleh Kerajaan Persekutuan dan Kerajaan Negeri Pahang, kita boleh menyelamatkan Cameron Highlands,” kata Mustafar dalam satu kenyataan media bersama hari ini.
Pada pertemuan itu, REACH diketuai oleh Presidennya, R. Ramakrishnan.